Important Note: OneClickdigital tech support is reporting that the latest i0s 7.1 release is causing the current OneClick Mobile app to crash. They are working on a fix and will deploy a patch as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconveience
Welcome to OneClickdigital, an audiobook download service being offered to InfoSoup library card holders. OneClickdigital provides access to more than 4000 always available audiobook titles published by Recorded Books. Beginning in April 2013, we are also supplementing the collection with newer one user per copy titles. Please see the sidebar for additional information.
- Download and listen on your computer or laptop
- Download and transfer to your iPod or other compatible device
- Use the OneClick mobile app to download directly to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch or Android powered mobile device
- Create New Account
- Enter your library card number and complete the sign in form. The Username and Password you create will be how you access this service. Passwords must be at least 7 digits long, and contain both letters and numbers.
- Once you have an account set up you will need to download the OneClickdigital Media Manager. (Mobile device users may skip this and use the OneClickdigital Mobiel Apps). You can use the Media Manager to download and listen to audiobooks on your computer or use it to transfer downloaded audiobooks to your portable MP3 player. To transfer the recording to a portable device you will need a copy of either iTunes or Windows Media Player (Version 11 or higher with the latest DRM security component upgrades) on your computer. To get the Windows media security components, go to http://drmlicense.one.microsoft.com/Indivsite/en/indivit.asp and click on Upgrade.
- OneClickdigital is compatible with most major MP3 players, including those from Apple, Creative, and SanDisk.
Important note about downloading the Media Manager on Windows. When downloading the Media Manager you will be prompted to install Microsoft .Net Framework 4 if it is not currently installed on your computer. Click Accept. This may take few minutes (or possibly longer). Depending on the speed of your internet connection and the speed of your computer, the entire installation process may seem to take longer than expected. Please be patient.
Setting up Preferences
Once you set up your account on http://infosoup.oneclickdigital.com/ we recommend that you set up your preferences.
- Click on the My Account tab and then under that click on Preferences
- Check Yes for, Use OneClick digital Media Manager as my default player. The only means that the media manager will be the default player for OneClick Audiobooks. It does not change any other media settings on you computer.
- Check No or Ask for Automatically download. Your experience may be different, but we found the automatic download setting frustrating. This setting can also be set in the Media Manager Preferences.
If you choose no for using the OneClick digital Media Manager, when checking out a title, you will be asked where to save the file. Choose a location on your computer to save the file and the audiobook will be downloaded as a .Zip file.
Help and Support
- The OneClickdigital help page has a collection of tutorials, FAQs, and a support form.
- Phone support is also available Monday thru Friday 7:30 am to 6:00 pm at 877-772-8346.
iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad App. Search the app store for OneClickDigital. Once installed, sign in with the user name and password you set up on the OneClickDigital website. You will then be able to download directly to your mobile device. View iPhone App instructions.
Android App. Search Google Play for OneClickDigital. Once installed, sign in with the user name and password you set up on the OneClickDigital website. You will then be able to download directly to your mobile device. View Android App instructions.
Kindle Fire. Download the OneClickDigital app from the Amazon App store.
Portable Devices/MP3 Players
OneClickdigital can work with many popular portable devices from Apple, Creative, SanDisk, and Sony. If you can check out WMA titles in OverDrive, it is likely that your portable device will also work with OneClickdigital.
For more information, click on the Help tab and then the Devices tab http://infosoup.oneclickdigital.com/Help/Devices.aspx
If you have an MP3 player that is not compatible with the OneClickdigital Media Manager, you can still transfer some of the titles using the manual download process. For more information see Manual Download (Windows) or Manual Dowload (Mac).
Why another audiobook download site?
For those familiar with downloading audiobooks from OverDrive, you may wonder why we are offering another audiobook service.
- Titles available on the OneClickdigital site are exclusive to Recorded Books and are not available from OverDrive.
- Most of the titles in our OneClickdigital collection are always available. No holds, no waiting.
What's included in the Always Available collection?
The OneClickdigital Always Available collection includes works by popular authors such as Lawrence Block, Rita Mae Brown, James Lee Burke, Alexander McCall Smith, Elizabeth Peters, and John Sandford. Although the focus of the collection is popular fiction and classics, there are more than 500 nonfiction titles, with subjects including biography, business, history, and self-help. Also included is a smaller collection of young adult and children's audiobooks. About 30 new titles will be added to the collection each month.
What's not included in the Always Available collection?
This collection does not include the latest best sellers or, generally, the most recent work of popular authors. This is the trade-off of having the titles always available. This collection is intended as a supplement to books on CD available from InfoSoup libraries and other audiobook titles available to download from OverDrive.
What's included in the One User Per Copy Collection?
As they become available, we will add a selection of newer popular audio book titles published by Recorded Books.
What's not included in the One Use Per Copy Collection?
Audiobooks not published by Recorded Books. For these titles, please use the OverDrive collection available at Wisconsin's Digital Library.